Witherslack, Meathop and Ulpha Events Calendar
Up and coming events in the Witherslack, Meathop and Ulpha area. If you have any events you would like to list here please contact us so we can add them for you.
Witherslack Parish Hall Annual Vegetable Show
1. 3x Onions
2. 3x Carrots
3. 4 x Tomatoes of one variety
5. 5x Cherry Tomatoes
5. Heaviest Marrow
6. 5 x Runner Beans
7. 3x Potatoes
8. 3 x Beetroot
9. 6 x Pods of Peas
11. One other vegatable not in other class
12. Collection of 3 different vegetables
13. 4 Eggs from own hens
14. 4 x Green Apples
14a. 4 x Red Apples
15. Arrangement of Herbs in a jar
16. Mis-shaped fruit or vegetables
18. Flower arrangement in a candle stick
19. Minature flower arrangement 4" overall
20. Single Rose
21. 3 x Dahlia
22. Vase of cut mixed flowers
22a. Shrub Flowering one stem in a vase
23. Jar of Rapberry Jam (to be dated)
24. Jar of Lemon Curd (to be dated)
25. Chutney (at least 6 months old, to be dated)
26. Fruit Loaf (recipe to be followed as pictured)
27. Victoria Sandwich (split with jam filling)
28 Mens Lemon Drizzle Cake
29. 4 pieces of Chocolate Brownie
30. 4 x shortbread biscuits
30a. Damson or Sloe Gin
Photo Classes (photos must not be mounted & must not exceed 8 1/2" x 6 1/2"
31. Photograph of Walls
32. Photograph of Pets Having Fun
33. Handmade Bookmark
34. Handmade Christmas Tree Decoration
35. Knitted Hat
Childrens Section (Age groups Under 8 & 8-14 years)
36. Decorated Weetabix
37. Under 8 - A decorated woodenspoon
8-14 - A pompom animal
38. Miniture Farmyard on a biscuit tin lid
39. Under 8 - Decorated Egg
8-14 - Edible Birds Nest
1. Entry Forms to be completed & returned with 30p entry to: Mrs D Ainsworth, Far Orchard, Witherslack, LA11 6RL. BEFORE FRIDAY 20th AUGUST 2021
2. Entry fee for show 30p per class. Children classes are free.
3. All vegetables must be grown by exhibitor
4. All exhibits to be delivered to the Parish Hall between 3pm - 4.30pm on the evening of the show
Judging commences at 4.45pm
St Pauls Church, Witherslack Harvest Festival
Harvest Supper & Auction Sale
Witherslack Parish Hall Vegetable Show
Childrens Service - 'Pets'
Lyth Valley Rainbows Coffee Evening - Monday 8th July 2019
Kids to Kids Table Top Sale - Saturday 8th June 2019
Something for everyone!
At Witherslack Village Hall Saturday 8th June 2019
9.30 - 11.30am
Entry is £1 per adult, free for children: this includes refreshments!
A table top sale held in Witherslack Village Hall.
Children from Dean Barwick Primary School will be selling their own preloved items.
There will also be a cake stall, a jewellery stall, a raffle and refreshments.
Please join us and support the children in raising funds for their wonderful little school!
The raffle will be drawn at 11am.
Father's Day Sunday Lunch - Sunday 16th June 2019
Merriment on the Green - Sunday 2nd June 2019
A Sunday evening treat on 2nd June 2019, to raise urgent funds for the restoration of St Pauls Church. Starting at 5.30pm with a picnic on the green (Dean Barwick Hall if wet) before heading into the Church at 7pm for a concert.
Popular folk performers Kendal Revellers, Eskrigg and Adlib are generously putting a programme of traditional English music together and promise an evening of foot-tapping, harmony and sing-a-long entertainment!
Prosecco will be available for donations as well as ice cream and raffle tickets.
A special evening and a warm welcome beckons. Please bring your own picnic.
Concert tickets are available from Witherslack Community Shop or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01539552188.
Price £10, under 16s £5.00 and under 12s free
More details to follow nearer the time, but please note change of day to a FRIDAY this year.